If you have an old boiler that is G rated - you can swap it for an A rated energy efficient boiler and receive £400 from the Government.
You will need a 'Cash Back Voucher' - it is important that you take the following steps in the correct order. IF YOU HAVE THE WORK DONE BEFORE THE VOUCHER IS RECEIVED THIS WILL INVALIDATE YOUR CLAIM.
1. You need to ascertain if the boiler is eligible there are a number of ways you can do this
1. Go to www.governmentboiler-scrappagescheme.info enter the make and model of
your boiler for a quick check if you are eligible
2. Give E.C.A a call, we will come out and give you more information about the
scheme, check if your boiler is eligible and what to do next.
A quick test for gas boilers is to see if it has a permenant pilot light- if it has then it is very likely to be a G rated boiler or worse. If it is gas fired and over 15 years old it is also likely to be eligible.
2. Arrange for an installer to visit and quote you for a brand new Energy efficient boiler. Make sure they give you a full quotation in writing including material and labour costs - THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT !!
3. NEXT YOU NEED TO CLAIM YOUR VOUCHER. When you have the quotation in writing call the ACT ON C02 Advice line on 0800 512 012 - quoting the following information: Your full name, The address of the property, The make and model of the boiler being scrapped, The Company name, address and contact details of the installer carrying out the work, The type of replacement boiler being installed, Confirmation that you have received a quotation in writing.
4. If successful, you should receive your voucher approximately 10 days after you have applied. Please note - vouchers are only valid for 12 weeks from the date of issue. There are only 125,000 vouchers available and approximately 3 Million eligible boilers in the Uk. If you do not claim the voucher within the time allocated it will be cancelled and reallocated. You can apply again, but you only have a chance that your application will be accepted if funds are still available.
5. Once you have received your voucher, you can proceed with the installation. You will need to pay for the new boiler and installation upfront and then claim back the £400 by sending the voucher and invoice from the installing company to The Energy Saving Trust - full instructions will accompany the voucher.
6. Payment will be issued within 25 working days of receipt of voucher and invoice.
If you have any doubts or questions please give us a call or drop us an email and we will go through everything with you. Good Luck!!